• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relative and other family law matters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrodr270

My grandpa was a bracero in the Bracero program. A new reward was announce for them since they didn't get paid what they were supposed to. Both of my grandparents died. This means the children have the right to claim that money. My aunt went to the consulate in Mexico saying her and my aunt who passed away were the only two child, when there are actually seven in total. She falsified my dead aunts signature saying she agreed to be the only one to receive those 38,000 of pesos. Can we sue her for this?

Proserpina

My grandpa was a bracero in the Bracero program. A new reward was announce for them since they didn't get paid what they were supposed to. Both of my grandparents died. This means the children have the right to claim that money. My aunt went to the consulate in Mexico saying her and my aunt who passed away were the only two child, when there are actually seven in total. She falsified my dead aunts signature saying she agreed to be the only one to receive those 38,000 of pesos. Can we sue her for this?
You're likely going to need an attorney in Mexico.

jrodr270

Respond

My other aunt has gotten a lawyer and she has prove of what she has done. Another lawyer helped my aunt falsify the signature as well. What is most likely to happen if my other aunt sues her? Will she have to give the money back? And if she spend the money what else can happen?

Proserpina

My other aunt has gotten a lawyer and she has prove of what she has done. Another lawyer helped my aunt falsify the signature as well. What is most likely to happen if my other aunt sues her? Will she have to give the money back? And if she spend the money what else can happen?
You need to speak with an attorney in Mexico.

This is a forum for US law and this is not Mexico.

jrodr270

They haven't been specific on the case yet since they still need to meet with the attorney again. Since the Bracero Program guests were in the US I wondered if there would be any help our family could do from here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">