+ Reply to Thread
    handsmoore is offline Junior Member

Removing Mothers name from birth cert.

What is the name of your state?CT

Does anyone know if you can remove your mothers name from your birth certificate? I'm not doing this out of anger but i do want to get on with my life without her.
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by handsmoore

Does anyone know if you can remove your mothers name from your birth certificate? I'm not doing this out of anger but i do want to get on with my life without her.
    How will removing someone's name from a piece of paper help you get on with your life?
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.
    Gracie3787 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by handsmoore

I have heard of changing a name, and I've heard of removing the father's name and replacing it with another. I've heard of adoption where the child gets a new BC with the adoptive mother's name, but I have NEVER heard of being able to remove a mother's name- with no adoption.

You can search to find out if it can legally be done, but personally I believe that it just can't be done.

You want to live the rest of your life without your mother? Fine, just act like she doesn't exist, don't tell anyone about her, etc. Anyway, I have to admit that this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone asking this.
    Gracie
    justalayman is offline Senior Member
    I have heard of changing the gender on the BC. I couldn't understand that one. (it was after a sex change op)

I guess instead of an immaculate comception the OP would been the result of an immacualate gestation
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justalayman
    I have heard of changing the gender on the BC. I couldn't understand that one. (it was after a sex change op)

I guess instead of an immaculate comception the OP would been the result of an immacualate gestation
    You mean "virgin birth" not immaculate conception:

Definitions of "immaculate conception" on the Web:

* The teaching that Mary was conceived without original sin. Typically believed as true in Roman Catholicism.
    [url]www.gbgm-umc.org/quakerroad/daleapolo/Dictionary4v1.html[/url]

* Roman Catholic holy day first celebrated in 1854
    * (Christianity) the Roman Catholic dogma that God preserved the Virgin Mary from any stain of original sin from the moment she was conceived
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* The Immaculate Conception is a Roman Catholic doctrine which asserts that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was preserved by God from the stain of original sin at the time of her own conception. Specifically the doctrine says she was not afflicted by the privation of sanctifying grace which afflicts mankind, but was instead filled with grace by God, and furthermore lived a life completely free from sin. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Conception
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.
    justalayman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorjudge
    You mean "virgin birth" not immaculate conception:

Definitions of "immaculate conception" on the Web:

* The teaching that Mary was conceived without original sin. Typically believed as true in Roman Catholicism.
    [url]www.gbgm-umc.org/quakerroad/daleapolo/Dictionary4v1.html[/url]

* Roman Catholic holy day first celebrated in 1854
    * (Christianity) the Roman Catholic dogma that God preserved the Virgin Mary from any stain of original sin from the moment she was conceived
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* The Immaculate Conception is a Roman Catholic doctrine which asserts that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was preserved by God from the stain of original sin at the time of her own conception. Specifically the doctrine says she was not afflicted by the privation of sanctifying grace which afflicts mankind, but was instead filled with grace by God, and furthermore lived a life completely free from sin. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Conception
    Yes, yes but it wouldn't have been as funny that way. I was shooting for the humor. I appreciate the catachysm lesson though. It reminds me of the many things I have forgotten and the many things that are misunderstandings.
    Antonio77777 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Yes, it can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie3787 View Post
    I have heard of changing a name, and I've heard of removing the father's name and replacing it with another. I've heard of adoption where the child gets a new BC with the adoptive mother's name, but I have NEVER heard of being able to remove a mother's name- with no adoption.

You can search to find out if it can legally be done, but personally I believe that it just can't be done.

You want to live the rest of your life without your mother? Fine, just act like she doesn't exist, don't tell anyone about her, etc. Anyway, I have to admit that this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone asking this.
    Gracie

For anyone interested, and for future reference, it can and has been done. I did it to the mother of my son. I am also the first man in the state of South Carolina to have 'legally' had a child without a mother (according to the birth certificate). I terminated her parental rights and then asked a judge to remove her name from the birth certificate. 2 weeks and 15 bucks later, it's done.
    Isis1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio77777 View Post
    For anyone interested, and for future reference, it can and has been done. I did it to the mother of my son. I am also the first man in the state of South Carolina to have 'legally' had a child without a mother (according to the birth certificate). I terminated her parental rights and then asked a judge to remove her name from the birth certificate. 2 weeks and 15 bucks later, it's done.
    are you aware this thread is over 3 years old?
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio77777 View Post
    Your child is a minor. Your situation is totally different.
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Though I'm curious as to how he did, La Bella...

OP said nothing about Mom's rights being terminated, did s/he? Perhaps the above poster could elaborate, seeing as there was a termination of rights in his case.

Curiosity is bugging me
    proud_parent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IsabellaSoriano View Post
    are you aware this thread is over 3 years old?
    Even so, I appreciated SJ's off-topic doctrinal refresher. Maybe bumping the thread will get him to come back and post more often.
    Gracie3787 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_parent View Post
    Even so, I appreciated SJ's off-topic doctrinal refresher. Maybe bumping the thread will get him to come back and post more often.
    I agree. I've been wondering where he's been, he hasn't been posting on the other sites either.

SJ, where are you, we need your knowledge, but more importantly your humor.