• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing non bio father on birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cristina.a

California.

On my sons birth certificate the "father" who signed is not the father. Long story short ..went to court for domestic violence & had a DNA test done thru court order. Test proved he was indeed not the father. I have already changed his name legally thru the court. As I was beginning to start the process of a new b.c I thought I would be able to remove the non bio father but come to find out I have to get a court order for that. When I was at family law they weren't any much help. So my question is, is where do I begin? Please help. My son will be 3 soon and I want to start signing him up for sports and such with a legit birth certificate. Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
California.

On my sons birth certificate the "father" who signed is not the father. Long story short ..went to court for domestic violence & had a DNA test done thru court order. Test proved he was indeed not the father. I have already changed his name legally thru the court. As I was beginning to start the process of a new b.c I thought I would be able to remove the non bio father but come to find out I have to get a court order for that. When I was at family law they weren't any much help. So my question is, is where do I begin? Please help. My son will be 3 soon and I want to start signing him up for sports and such with a legit birth certificate. Thank you.
Why did you swear that this non-father was the father to put him on the birth certificate?
You need to file a motion for a court order to remove him from the birth certificate. Where is the actual father of your child?

LdiJ

California.

If you had a court ordered DNA test then you should have some court paperwork stating that he is not the father. That is the paperwork that you need to show to get the BC changed.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you had a court ordered DNA test then you should have some court paperwork stating that he is not the father. That is the paperwork that you need to show to get the BC changed.
Actually she needs an ORDER to get the birth certificate changed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">