• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Required Psychological Evaluation !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

usedtoit

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma. My current wife's been through the ringer w/ her ex. He's a VERY good control freak, carrying on even when she comes to p/u kids for visitation, as he's the CP, and as has said, "Has the SAY SO!" Just for background, and info., my wife is an RN who specializes with and works with, psyc kids. I have my Master's in Psych, focusing on adolescents. After one year w/ father, kids are unhappy, and so uncared for, that a Contemt Hearing is in order. But that kids are now victims of perpetual, intelligent, competent, and endangering psychological abuse.(True, but HOW YOU GONNA PRUV UT!!!). So, the question is, what can there be done, and how can a Psych. Eval. be req'd. of her ex? We didn't do that 1st custody hearing, and it would have made the WORLD of difference. ANY legal, or otherwise sneaky advice would be appreciated.... as a father, and a son, he's an absolutely scary A-hole. He knows just how to wrap people around his little finger. He has past drug conviction for IV speed, but it was too long ago, (2 years), so no response from judge. Now 12 yr. old girl is being given EPHEDRA capsules before each and every soccer and basketball game. Mom has convinced her not to take them, and we have one (1) of the pills. We can probably get more. Daughter is no longer taking them, but making father think she does, as he'll go ballistic if she doesn't. There's much, much, much more, insofar as his failure to uphold his req'd. parental responsibilities, as he's rec'ving full CS payments. Any help or advice would be apprec'd. - Sorry for long post.......

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

At 12, it is possible that the child tell a judge where she wants to live and why. Realize a judge will only take that into consideration and her testimony will not guarantee a change in custody. Otherwise, you'll have to prove he's unfit.

Maybe start out by having your wife file for more visitation.

U

usedtoit

counselor's assistance possible

Now that my wife's ex's daughter (13, not 12 sorry) is being taken to court-ordered counseling FINALLY, she's beginning to open up to her counselor. Her father saw counselor 1 time, and wouldn't see much "abusive" behavior in that. Counselor called yesterday and said to my wife (her mother), "Your daughter thinks that perhaps I need to talk to you about her situation. Maybe then I could get a better idea of what's going on with her." She's going to meet w/counselor, and only good things can come from that. Best possible scenario is that any good(bad) info can be related to a judge via supoena(sp.), right? Seems to me if a move to Mom's is in her best interest regarding her physical, emotional, and overall psychological health, that should weigh heavily on the judge's decision. Any ideas or advice?

VeronicaGia

Are you talking about subpoening the counselors records of his/her sessions with the child? I don't think so. Privacy issues are involved here.

M

MrsConcerned

Maybe a Guardian at Litem(spelling?) for the 13 yr old or summons the couselor to court.?

H

hexeliebe

Maybe a Guardian at Litem(spelling?) for the 13 yr old or summons the couselor to court.?
MsConcerned, that statement makes about as much sense as your other post on here.

A Guardian Ad Litem is an attorney FOR the child. Nothing more or less. And while the counselor can be subpoened to court, s/he cannot be compelled to testify regarding therapy sessions involving the father unless the father gives explicit permission.

The sounselor CAN give testimony regarding the child's therapy but only IF and WHEN the child gives informed consent. A partent cannot interfer with this right of the child to privacy except in very special circumstances.

The ONLY valid legal ploy in this case is the mother AND counselor can testify as to their sessions and the Counselor can testify as to the results of his/her sessions with the child and an OPINION as to which situation would benefit the child more .

M

MrsConcerned

hexeliebe said:
MsConcerned, that statement makes about as much sense as your other post on here.

This was my first time ever posting anything on the internet & I did it b/c I myself want to know if anyone is going thru what I am.

You obviously have the brains that none of us have. I am aware that you are an attorney. But thank God you're not mine.

The reason I mentioned those things on the previous post is b/c this is what my attorney is recommending for me. Re: Guardiam Ad Litem and the psychologist.

After all, we're not in court here, not everyones case is the same. This is just an ADVICE board not court.

The comment you made obviously touched a nerve. You made it sound like my situation is BS.

U

usedtoit

hexeliebe said:
The ONLY valid legal ploy in this case is the mother AND counselor can testify as to their sessions and the Counselor can testify as to the results of his/her sessions with the child and an OPINION as to which situation would benefit the child more . [/B]
That's all we're talking about, Hex. Thank you. After my own degrees in psyc, I'm well aware of the limits/confidentiality associated with what comes up specifically in counseling sessions. BUT, with that said, the counselor should be able to give his/her professional, summary opinion of which parent would be best suited to provide for the "best interests of the child."
My wife and I both were able to talk to the counselor today, and it was an extremely eye-opening experience for the counselor, to say the least. He has no idea that the situation was as complicated as it was, because the manipulative father, after only 1-2 sessions, didn't say anything about how his manipulative, abusive, and domineering behaviors of the past may have contributed to all that is now becoming a problem with his daughter. Why would he do that? He just wants his daughter to start "acting right", stop "talking back", and "get over whatever her problem is." But he didn't cause any of that, did he, noooooo. Counselor is sharp and reliable, and it's the 1st person regarding ANY of this entire ordeal who seems to have daughters "best interest" at heart. We didn't have to smoke him, either. It's not about that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">