• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Return of personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melzren

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV
My ex-boyfriend put all of my belongings in a storage facility. He would not allow me and my family to get the items from his home because it upset his new girlfriend. He said he would put all my stuff in storage, pay for November and December, and I will be responsible for the payments starting in January. He and his girlfriend called me to get my new address, which i gave him so he can mail me the keys. He also gave me over the phone the code to get in the gate of the storage facility. The key never came, and this week he called again to get the address because he lost it, and said he will send it out this week. A few days later he calls and says I owe him money. We were in a long relationship, where we both exchanged a lot of money / property over the years. I asked him since when was any money he gave me this year a loan, he said now, since he needs money. He said he's going to take some things out of the storage shed to make up for it, and I told him not to take out any of my belongings. At the end of this conversation, that clearly was going no where, I had to go, and told him to send me the key, and he said since I don't have time to talk to him, he doesn't have time to send me the key - (that little part i have recorded). What can I do ?? Thanks!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV
My ex-boyfriend put all of my belongings in a storage facility. He would not allow me and my family to get the items from his home because it upset his new girlfriend. He said he would put all my stuff in storage, pay for November and December, and I will be responsible for the payments starting in January. He and his girlfriend called me to get my new address, which i gave him so he can mail me the keys. He also gave me over the phone the code to get in the gate of the storage facility. The key never came, and this week he called again to get the address because he lost it, and said he will send it out this week. A few days later he calls and says I owe him money. We were in a long relationship, where we both exchanged a lot of money / property over the years. I asked him since when was any money he gave me this year a loan, he said now, since he needs money. He said he's going to take some things out of the storage shed to make up for it, and I told him not to take out any of my belongings. At the end of this conversation, that clearly was going no where, I had to go, and told him to send me the key, and he said since I don't have time to talk to him, he doesn't have time to send me the key - (that little part i have recorded). What can I do ?? Thanks!
Take him to small claims court, asap, and make sure that the fees are paid on the storage locker, so that your stuff doesn't end up being sold by the owners of the facility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">