• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fordtaurus2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Michigan.

Hello all!

I wasn't sure where would be most appropriate for my question, so I've chosen here.

I have two roommates - there are three of us in a large two-bedroom apartment. They've decided to gets two cats. Our apartment complex allows cats if, and only if, they're vaccinated and "fixed," with the appropriate documentation - in addition to a $300 deposit and $25/monthly thereafter. We signed the lease on June 1st, 2012.

The cats came as a surprise one day. We had talked about it, but nothing was officially decided. They are, and have been, aware that I am very allergic to cats. They agreed to keep them in their room.

I found out that they've been releasing them throughout the day when I'm working, behind my back. I was met with much resistance after talking to them about it. They insist that I should move out if I don't want to be around their cats. All three of us are on the lease.

Do I have the right to take any legal recourse/(do you all have any advice)? I would like to continue living here.

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Michigan.

Hello all!

I wasn't sure where would be most appropriate for my question, so I've chosen here.

I have two roommates - there are three of us in a large two-bedroom apartment. They've decided to gets two cats. Our apartment complex allows cats if, and only if, they're vaccinated and "fixed," with the appropriate documentation - in addition to a $300 deposit and $25/monthly thereafter. We signed the lease on June 1st, 2012.

The cats came as a surprise one day. We had talked about it, but nothing was officially decided. They are, and have been, aware that I am very allergic to cats. They agreed to keep them in their room.

I found out that they've been releasing them throughout the day when I'm working, behind my back. I was met with much resistance after talking to them about it. They insist that I should move out if I don't want to be around their cats. All three of us are on the lease.

Do I have the right to take any legal recourse/(do you all have any advice)? I would like to continue living here.

benadryl.

see your doctor.

get the cats evicted by snitching on your roommates. good luck with that...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">