• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rule 170 - Family Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Johnia

i would like to know what rule 170 in family court means. a friend of my got notice to appear in court on this rule.
wichita, kansas

jb

LegalBeagle

Johnia said:
i would like to know what rule 170 in family court means. a friend of my got notice to appear in court on this rule.
wichita, kansas

jb
Want to share some more details?

Rule 170

JOURNAL ENTRIES AND ORDERS

(a) In all cases where the judge directs that the judgment be settled by journal entry pursuant to K.S.A. 60-258, it shall be prepared in accordance with the directions of the judge. Counsel preparing the journal entry shall, within ten (10) days, unless another time is specifically directed by the judge, serve copies thereof on all other counsel involved who shall, within ten (10) days after service is made, serve on the counsel preparing said journal entry any objections in writing. At the expiration of the time for serving objections, counsel preparing said journal entry shall submit the original, together with any objections received, to the judge for approval. If counsel cannot agree as to the form of the journal entry, the judge shall settle the journal entry after a hearing.
(b) Orders or other documents containing rulings of the judge other than judgments shall be prepared in accordance with the directions of the judge.
(c) To aid the clerks of the district court in implementing K.S.A. 58-2242a and K.S.A. 59-2249, every order, journal entry or judgment that changes the ownership or title to real estate shall contain on the margin of the first page the notation "TITLE TO REAL ESTATE INVOLVED."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">