• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Runnaway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Karyn Alvarez

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My 15yr old daughter, has runnaway for the 3rd time. Sheriff Dept. says no laws have been broken, there is nothing they can do. I have posted her picture and reported her as a runnaway. Came home yesterday to find CPS awaiting my arrival. CPS has scheduled an appointment 8/14 to discuss guardianship of my daughter. Do I have any rights as a parent??? I DON'T want to give up guardianship. Please help!!!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My 15yr old daughter, has runnaway for the 3rd time. Sheriff Dept. says no laws have been broken, there is nothing they can do. I have posted her picture and reported her as a runnaway. Came home yesterday to find CPS awaiting my arrival. CPS has scheduled an appointment 8/14 to discuss guardianship of my daughter. Do I have any rights as a parent??? I DON'T want to give up guardianship. Please help!!!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Why is your daughter running away? Is there a problem at home?

Karyn Alvarez

She says she is grown. And I have failed as a parent. She threatens me with CPS, and I have 2 other children in the home. I don't want CPS to take all my kids from me. A perfect parent, I am not, but who is. I provide for my children, love my children, and have chosen to be a parent rather than a friend to my 15yr old. She has found that her friends parents, will let them do what ever it is they want. The day my daughter ran away, I was coming home from work, and saw a young teenager, sourrounded by 3 grown men, the girl, leaning against a tree, one leg bent on the tree, a skirt that barely covered her, a skimpy tank top that might suggest her to be older than 15, and not a care in the world. This was my kid, I stopped, told her to get in the car, as the men shouted profanity, and my daughter was yelling at me also. This is not the 1st time my 15yr old has called CPS.

Gracie3787

She says she is grown. And I have failed as a parent. She threatens me with CPS, and I have 2 other children in the home. I don't want CPS to take all my kids from me. A perfect parent, I am not, but who is. I provide for my children, love my children, and have chosen to be a parent rather than a friend to my 15yr old. She has found that her friends parents, will let them do what ever it is they want. The day my daughter ran away, I was coming home from work, and saw a young teenager, sourrounded by 3 grown men, the girl, leaning against a tree, one leg bent on the tree, a skirt that barely covered her, a skimpy tank top that might suggest her to be older than 15, and not a care in the world. This was my kid, I stopped, told her to get in the car, as the men shouted profanity, and my daughter was yelling at me also. This is not the 1st time my 15yr old has called CPS.
What was the result when your daughter called CPS in the past?

Is your daughter in counseling?
if not, that will be your first step. CPS workers are usually pretty good in habitual runaway situations, so they'll be able to help you get help for your daughter.

Just Blue

Sounds like your daughter needs a reality check. Perhaps the VERY BEST thing for her is to spend some time in a group home. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">