• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

saudi transgender / change documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

human

Hi
I am from Saudi Arabia
and i have been diagnosed with gender identity disorder before 2 years ago

and the treatment of that is
Sex reassignment therapy

and because i live in highly conservative environment and the therapy is illegal there

i can't get the treatment in my country

and i want to get the treatment in united state but i am very concerned about the documents change

am i able to change my documents (my legal name , passport etc.. )after i through in the sex reassignment therapy

and how
?

note; I'm only 15 years old

i hope you answer my question soon as possible

Proserpina

Hi
I am from Saudi Arabia
and i have been diagnosed with gender identity disorder before 2 years ago

and the treatment of that is
Sex reassignment therapy

and because i live in highly conservative environment and the therapy is illegal there

i can't get the treatment in my country

and i want to get the treatment in united state but i am very concerned about the documents change

am i able to change my documents (my legal name , passport etc.. )after i through in the sex reassignment therapy

and how
?

note; I'm only 15 years old

i hope you answer my question soon as possible

Your parents may find it very difficult to locate a surgeon willing to perform such a radical surgery on a teen. But that aside, getting the surgery is one thing - getting your documents changed is another thing entirely because you would still need to abide by the laws of Saudi Arabia (for example, the US cannot change the details on a Saudi passport).

Proserpina

Ok what is the steps that my parents can take ?

This really is beyond the scope of a message forum.

Generally, given the nature of the surgery, your parents would need a huge amount of money (to pay for the surgery and recovery) and you'd all need a visa.

I'm sorry, but this isn't likely to happen. You're 15 - surgeons in the US are (as a rule) incredibly reluctant to even consider performing gender reassignment surgery on a young teen.

Ok what is the steps that my parents can take ?
After having the surgery done you would likely run afoul of the very strict Wahhabi moral code which governs much of Sharia law. Therefore, your family should be prepared to seek political asylum in either the US or Canada. You likely would never be able to return home or the consequences of your decision could be quite severe. There is no guarantee either the US or Canada will grant you asylum and if deported back, again the consequences will be severe.

As much as it might be hard to understand, this is a decision that you ought to take years to consider. Do not make a teenage decision that you may regret for the rest of your life.

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

As mentioned, this is beyond the scope of this forum. I suggest you Google the following terms;

1 gender reassignment surgery.

2 gender reassignment surgery foreign visitor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">