• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Placement Parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BCNW

Per my Amended Plan and Agreement of Shared Parenting ( Ohio )it states under Allocation of Time with each Parent that my ex "shall be the school placement parent of the parties' minor child." Then under living arrangements it states that the parties agree that my ex's "residence shall be considered the child's primary residence for school placement purposes only, at this time." Under the section Consultation by Parent it states that parents shall consult in the included areas, schooling, plus other standard stuff. Here is the problem. I live in the same school district as my ex but different high school. I am the residential parent and the child lives with me. I placed my child in the high school that my home resides in. A few months before I did this I talked to my ex and said I was considering changing high schools. Said said nothing about it to me. I am also responsible for all of her schooling activities. Her problems at her old school dictated this change of schools, my ex knew of the problems. Since her move she is doing better in school. My questions is, Am I in comtempt?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">