• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Second Wife Claims - Case Filed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

itsnexgen

Hello,

My Father married my mother in a temple in 1977 and my father was forced to get married to another woman in 1978 by my grandparents, this marriage was done as a normal ceremony. My parents registered their marriage in 1982 stating they got married in 1977 & they have two kids. Second wife doesn't have any registered marriage certificate.

We all were together [second wife & her daughter, myself, my sister] under same house (joint family) until 2009, except my parents were in another place as both were working in same office. Problem started when i purchased my house with my wife under loan. They have also open the door of my personal room where i saw staying & have got it. This was constructed and i was staying there since 9yrs before moving to my new house. Can i file an FIR for opening the door and getting inside OR directly going through court is better?

Second wife has filed for maintenance in Family Court under Section 125(1) Cr PC 1973, claiming that my Father:

1. Has illegally has relationship with another woman.
2. Maintenance Claim for Her & daughter at Rs.30,000 & for daughter marriage - Rs.15,00,000.
3. Has given me his hard earned money to buy house.

How should i proceed with fighting this case?

Kindly help me with your suggestions, i have this month end to start attending the court proceedings.

Thanks,
Shashank

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry, this forum is for US law only.

Your case appears to be related to Indian law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">