• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separated property - not legally married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slh2001

Washington State.

We are not legally married, but we purchased property together and need to separate it. We have already agreed on exactly how we will separate the properies. Can we just have an agreement drawn up or is there more that needs to be done? I've heard we might need a quit claim deed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

slh2001 said:
Washington State.

We are not legally married, but we purchased property together and need to separate it. We have already agreed on exactly how we will separate the properies. Can we just have an agreement drawn up or is there more that needs to be done? I've heard we might need a quit claim deed.
My response:

This is not a "Family Law" question because you're not married. This is only a Real Property question. Please post it on that board.

Thanks.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">