• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separated and tax returns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

holladylife

Tennessee,
My wife and i are separated since 07,2015./we filed taxes as married jointly and agreed to split the return 50/50. the refund came in 02/24/2016. on the 25th she said she was on her way to meet me then took off with my portion of the refund instead. 4000.00 i have it all in text .can i file charges for theft?

LdiJ

Tennessee,
My wife and i are separated since 07,2015./we filed taxes as married jointly and agreed to split the return 50/50. the refund came in 02/24/2016. on the 25th she said she was on her way to meet me then took off with my portion of the refund instead. 4000.00 i have it all in text .can i file charges for theft?
Nope...its civil matter not a criminal matter. You will deal with the refund as part of your property settlement in the divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">