• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

service legitimate and consequences if not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The process server served my papers to my girlfriend today when i wasn't home. is that allowed?
Why did you delete the (important) question that was asked at the top of your post?

And ditto bay. Keep your questions together, and explain the situation beyond one sentence. There are no dentists here.

diamond7

sorry

sorry i am new here and thought other people might have the same question so it would be easier to search if it was a seperate question. sorry. so does anyone know if that service is legitimate. does it even matter? is anyone here a lawyer or familiar with california law.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
sorry i am new here and thought other people might have the same question so it would be easier to search if it was a seperate question. sorry. so does anyone know if that service is legitimate. does it even matter? is anyone here a lawyer or familiar with california law.
Either you or your g/f need to create a separate account. Don't expect anyone to bother trying to figure out which of you is posting when.

I hope no one helps either of these two until they do so.

CourtClerk

It is allowed. Consider yourself served.

diamond7

ending membership

how do i deregister from this site. i came here looking for info. i just want to know the laws and my rights and all i have gotten is cold hard judgements. you all dont know my story so stop judging me before you know it...that is called predjudice. sorry you didnt like my questions. thank you to those that just gave me info and not judgement now how do i unsign up?

Just Blue

how do i deregister from this site. i came here looking for info. i just want to know the laws and my rights and all i have gotten is cold hard judgements. you all dont know my story so stop judging me before you know it...that is called predjudice. sorry you didnt like my questions. thank you to those that just gave me info and not judgement now how do i unsign up?
If you think we are judgmental wait till the JUDGE gets a hold of you!! :rolleyes:

ETA: Just stop posting. You do not need to "de-register".

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
How was telling your g/f that she can't include her ex's fiancee's income in child support judgmental? Or asking her why she thinks the woman should be? Or telling you that you need to open your own account instead of piggy-backing onto her account?

Seriously, if you think any of that is judgmental, you're too immature to have a g/f, let alone be a parent.

(hint - THAT was judgmental. Slightly.)

AHA

how do i deregister from this site. i came here looking for info. i just want to know the laws and my rights and all i have gotten is cold hard judgements.
This isn't match.com, so get over it and search for hugs elsewhere.

diamond7

you know what they say about "assume"

becasue you assume when i say girlfriend i am a man and that it is a sexual relationship. i am a woman living at my friends house who is a girl and she was kind enough to let me stay with her so i could get my slef and my child away from my abusive ex who thinks it is great sport to hit women. and i am mature enough and a good enough parent to fight as hard as i can a do as much as i can to get my child away from my ex and try and find a way to get money to get myself back on my feet and make him (and i thought maybe her...but that has been made all so clear that that is not an option) to pay for his child and help me get back on my feet and get my **** back together instead having to go on welfare. i just needed info on my options not a schooling on what you all think about what little piece of info i gave you... i just need to know my options so i can fight for my life and my child. and yes i could use a hug right now but i will go elsewhere for it. your statements were judgemental like i was wrong in asking if her money was included. a simple "no you can't include that" would have been sufficient. ok i'm done.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
becasue you assume when i say girlfriend i am a man and that it is a sexual relationship. i am a woman living at my friends house who is a girl and she was kind enough to let me stay with her so i could get my slef and my child away from my abusive ex who thinks it is great sport to hit women. and i am mature enough and a good enough parent to fight as hard as i can a do as much as i can to get my child away from my ex and try and find a way to get money to get myself back on my feet and make him (and i thought maybe her...but that has been made all so clear that that is not an option) to pay for his child and help me get back on my feet and get my **** back together instead having to go on welfare. i just needed info on my options not a schooling on what you all think about what little piece of info i gave you... i just need to know my options so i can fight for my life and my child. and yes i could use a hug right now but i will go elsewhere for it. your statements were judgemental like i was wrong in asking if her money was included. a simple "no you can't include that" would have been sufficient. ok i'm done.
Darlin', if you want an answer, simple or not, you need to present your situation clearly. You haven't done that. And no, it is not in the least judgmental to ask you why you think a stranger should be responsible for supporting your child.

AHA

For someone that wanted to "de-register" from this site, you sure seem to have a hard time staying away from here.
Good luck to you.

ariastar

Service can be done by someone other than a party to the case, and serving the documents to an adult (as in someone over the age of 18) at the home that is the primary residence is considered service. Hopefully the person needing to appear doesn't live with anyone who would hide documents.

Something that should be a crime is allowing people to leave school without a basic ability to spell and a little knowledge about proper grammar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">