• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shared bedrooms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

freeradical24

What is the name of your state? florida

at what age is it illegal for a child to share a bedroom with their opposite-sex, single parent, even if they have separate beds?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
freeradical24 said:
What is the name of your state? florida

at what age is it illegal for a child to share a bedroom with their opposite-sex, single parent, even if they have separate beds?
There's no law against it; people are generally not penalized for being poor.

carofl93

When my husband was going through his divorce, he was told that even though he only had his daughter on weekends, she had to have her own bedroom...she was 4 at the time. We're in FL too. I'm not sure if it was a DCFS or a military thing though.

Carol

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
A judge can impose that type of requirement (just as a judge can impose the "no overnights with unrelated members of the opposite sex" restriction). That doesn't mean there is a law requiring it. Which there isn't.

L

Lorelei

The only thing I ever heard of was children of the opposite sex can share a room as long as they had their own beds until the age of 5. Although I could be wrong there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">