• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shared property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

broke/over it

In the state of VA if an ex and I own a boat together (titled in both of our names) am I legally allowed to go on the boat without notifying him? I currently hold the title and would like to go on our boat to obtain items that belong to me....all that I have receipts for and a list of if anyone questioned it. Can I go on the boat?? Is there any legal action I need to do so? Currently it is docked behind the association that he lives in at their shared docks. Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

In the state of VA if an ex and I own a boat together (titled in both of our names) am I legally allowed to go on the boat without notifying him? I currently hold the title and would like to go on our boat to obtain items that belong to me....all that I have receipts for and a list of if anyone questioned it. Can I go on the boat?? Is there any legal action I need to do so? Currently it is docked behind the association that he lives in at their shared docks. Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
It is your boat ~ take proof with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">