• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Significant other???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottandkristy2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

had an incident involving my sons girlfriend - she got into a "fight" if you can call it that with her mom - her boyfriend (who owns the house) came into her bedroom and grabbed her hair and basically assaulted her - no marks or bruising BUT this is not her father. Police were called and they are saying because he is a "significant" other that this is allowed and in actuality if anyone was to be charged it would the minor girl??
just curious as he is a firefighter and not sure if police know him???

Thanks for any help -

Silverplum

had an incident involving my sons girlfriend - she got into a "fight" if you can call it that with her mom - her boyfriend (who owns the house) came into her bedroom and grabbed her hair and basically assaulted her - no marks or bruising BUT this is not her father. Police were called and they are saying because he is a "significant" other that this is allowed and in actuality if anyone was to be charged it would the minor girl??

Thanks for any help -
Your post is quite confusingly written. However, it is evident that you are not one of the parties involved, and therefore it is not your legal problem.

scottandkristy2

To clarify - daughter fights with mother - mothers boyfriend assaults daughter - is that legal as police state (they say he is a significant other and he is allowed)

Last edited by a moderator:

mistoffolees

Thanks for any help -
Aside from what everyone else is telling you (you're not a party to this), I'll add that you almost certainly don't have all the facts right. The story has obviously been distorted between the time it happened and what's appearing on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">