• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

signing my rights away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dragginrocker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ar
hi, im tyring to sign over my parental rights to my ex wife. her husband now has been the only father that they have known do to me living so far away. the child is 6 years old and has no idea who i am. my ex wife called me out of the blue and asked me to sign my rights over and after alot of thinking she was right, they dont know me, they have a (father) and i cant afford to take care of them. my child support is more than i can afford. she said it is not fair to me or the child. it would only make things dificult for both partys . the husband has called me and asked me formally if he could be their legal gardian.it was a hard decision to make but i made it and i only wish the child everything that i cant give. ive been told that if both parents are on the same page then it is a very easy process. how do i persue this asap. i have a court date in three weeks to up my support and my ex and i want to do this asap to prevent that. thnx for your help

FarmerJ

Please offer to also provide a non identifying medical history update in the future , your child deserves this information when they get older.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">