• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Johnny17

Hello, I live in PA and am 17 years old. I am legally signed out of school and haven't caused any trouble. Children Services has been on my family's case for about 8 months now without a Court Order. Now the case started out for my sister who is only 13. My question is Do they have any rights to take me from my family or to even have a case opened on me since I am legally signed out of school and have my transcript and everything. Thank You

Isis1

Hello, I live in PA and am 17 years old. I am legally signed out of school and haven't caused any trouble. Children Services has been on my family's case for about 8 months now without a Court Order. Now the case started out for my sister who is only 13. My question is Do they have any rights to take me from my family or to even have a case opened on me since I am legally signed out of school and have my transcript and everything. Thank You
why is social services involved with your sister?

how soon will you be 18?

Johnny17

Started out with a rumor about her being pregnant in school, but then it turned into a family thing and my family has been fine, all bills paid and everything. I will be 18 in 8 months from now. They only visit once a month and every month its the same thing which is demanding my mom get counseling.

Just Blue

Started out with a rumor about her being pregnant in school, but then it turned into a family thing and my family has been fine, all bills paid and everything. I will be 18 in 8 months from now. They only visit once a month and every month its the same thing which is demanding my mom get counseling.
Your mother NEEDS to follow her case plan or she risks losing custody of her minor children.

Isis1

legally, if mom does not follow the parenting plan, they can take action. and that action can involve you since you are still a minor.

Just Blue

Alright, and what of me being 17 and dropped out of school? Thanks for quick replies.
Personally I think you are an idiot to drop out of school...Unless you just have a desire to say "Paper or plastic?" for the rest of your life.

nextwife

Just curious: Have you completed your degree? Do you have the ability to earn a SUSTAINABLE income, sufficient to support you and any children you have in the future? And, to simultaneously save toward your eventual retirement needs?

If not, WHY have you discontinued your schooling?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">