• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sperm Donor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KristyAnn

Friend wants to help

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

My fiance had a vasectomy 7 years ago. We want a child and our male friend has offered to be a sperm donor to us. What forms would we sign or where could we get them so that he can sign off on all parental rights and responsibilities so that my fiance can sign on?

I was thinking a contract and have it notarized, but I'm not sure exactly what to do, any suggestions?

Last edited:

nextwife

Only in America do we need a lawyer to have a kid (pretty much the definition of a DIY project).

Sorry, I agree with you completely, but the irony is astounding.
She doesn't need a lawyer to have a kid.

She needs a lawyer to bypass the inherent paternal rights that a biological father would otherwise be entitled to have.

ecmst12

There might actually be options for the husband to father the kid too, that they would only need a doctor for instead of a lawyer :) Price could be comparable!

KristyAnn

In order for my fiance to father our child, that would call for a reversed vasectomy, now hes not to thrilled on that idea. It would cost at minimum 4k, and with it being 7 years since it was done, the chances of it working are slim.

cyjeff

Unless there is a specific set of legal actions taken, the donor could try to declare paternity later on.

I am not saying you shouldn't trust anyone. I am just saying that I have seen people on this very board ask about going to court for a 10 year old couch.

Your child is far more important and worthy of the proper procedure.

Proserpina

Unless there is a specific set of legal actions taken, the donor could try to declare paternity later on.

I am not saying you shouldn't trust anyone. I am just saying that I have seen people on this very board ask about going to court for a 10 year old couch.

Your child is far more important and worthy of the proper procedure.

Well, you'd think.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">