• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal Abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AffyMom46

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

On Friday my husband of 11 yrs left me without any warning . He got up showered kissed me and said see ya later and 15 min later I received a text saying he will not be coming home and he will have his attorney call me. He said he hasnt been happy in yrs and he needs a life. Later I went to get a few things from the store to find out he cleaned the bank account out and left me with nothing. Ive tried calling him and texting and he is a coward and will not respond to any messages. Today when I was getting things ready to go for assistance I find he took all my personal papers. I went to assistance office and the state said I cannot receive any help what so ever. Can anyone please help with some advise. If I did not say before I am disabled due to a back injury 7 yrs ago so I cannot work due to the disability.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

On Friday my husband of 11 yrs left me without any warning . He got up showered kissed me and said see ya later and 15 min later I received a text saying he will not be coming home and he will have his attorney call me. He said he hasnt been happy in yrs and he needs a life. Later I went to get a few things from the store to find out he cleaned the bank account out and left me with nothing. Ive tried calling him and texting and he is a coward and will not respond to any messages. Today when I was getting things ready to go for assistance I find he took all my personal papers. I went to assistance office and the state said I cannot receive any help what so ever. Can anyone please help with some advise. If I did not say before I am disabled due to a back injury 7 yrs ago so I cannot work due to the disability.
You lie. You lie. You lie. Here is what you stated in your last thread:
Is this ethical

2 days I sent an email from my office to my boyfriends ex because she has been harrassing me terribly. Yesterday she came to my house an attacked me I have filed charges on her. But today my boss ( not me ) received a phone call from someone claiming they were this womans attorney he pretty much tried to get me fired today, they also faxed the email to my boss as well . When they faxed this email they never sent a cover letter with the law firms name or number or anything. So my question is if this was truly a legitamate attorney is it legal and ethical to contact my boss and speak to him about a domestic issue or would this attorney have to notify me via letter or would he have to talk to me and not my boss. I have a feeling it was the ex pretending to be an attorney this is why I need to know if it is legal or ethical for an attorney to call my boss and not me and discuss something like that without my knowledge. PLEASE HElp !!
You have been disabled for seven years but three years ago you were working. You have been married for 11 years but had a boyfriend three years ago. You need to be honest because at this point you are a troll. Thanks Stealth for pointing out that thread.

Eekamouse

LMAO. I suspect OP will be creating a brand new FA account since this one is laying out all exposed; coated and slimy with blatant lies. Maybe both her husband and her boyfriend left her because they discovered she lies like a rug.

AffyMom46

First off I am not a lier and never have been I AM AND HAVE BEEN DISABLED FOR ALMOST 8 YRS NOW. 3 years ago when that thread was posted it was done by a girlfriend of mine I told her about this site when she was at my home so instead of opening a new name I let her post under my name. So my situation is totally different from hers and I had no B/F I dont understand how people can be so judgemental until they hear the full story. People come on here for help and instead of help they get called a liar and other things.
If you would like me to post my diabilty papers I can not that I have to prove to anyone. Had I known my husband was going to do this I would not have allowed the other person to post under my name. Im shocked and apalled at how quick all of you were to pass judgement, when all I was looking for help in this tramatic time for me.

Eekamouse

Oh okay, sure. It was your girlfriend, not you who wrote those other posts. Gotcha.
Back to your question, don't you already draw disability payments for your condition or have you been just living off your husband's income all this time? If you aren't getting disability, why were you denied it? If your only support was from income your husband brought in, you can apply for alimony but if you are awarded any, it's unlikely going to be lifetime and so you need to start looking for a way to support yourself.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
First off I am not a lier and never have been I AM AND HAVE BEEN DISABLED FOR ALMOST 8 YRS NOW. 3 years ago when that thread was posted it was done by a girlfriend of mine I told her about this site when she was at my home so instead of opening a new name I let her post under my name. So my situation is totally different from hers and I had no B/F I dont understand how people can be so judgemental until they hear the full story. People come on here for help and instead of help they get called a liar and other things.
If you would like me to post my diabilty papers I can not that I have to prove to anyone. Had I known my husband was going to do this I would not have allowed the other person to post under my name. Im shocked and apalled at how quick all of you were to pass judgement, when all I was looking for help in this tramatic time for me.
You have 8 posts between two threads. This one and the one your "friend" posted on "your name". Why would you have a name if you never posted on any other threads? Nor do you have any other threads? I am somewhat perplexed.

AffyMom46

I apologize if anyone thinks I am trying to be less than honest on here. That is not the case, If I have other threads it may be very well possible because as I said I allowed my GF to use my account to post her questions.I never thought it would cause a problem or cause my integrity to be questioned. As far as any other post I dont remember alot of what I did 2 weeks ago let alone 3 yrs ago. I did not come here to deceive anyone nor did I mean to offend anyone as well. I was trying to get answers to questions I have at this unbearable situation. Thank You

AffyMom46

I called Legal Aid and I have called 4 different attorneys and all of them want a 3500 retainer. Even if they file for him to pay the attorney fees they want me to pay up front and then they will reimburse me once he pays and unfortunatly I dont have any money .

ecmst12

If legal aid can't help you, sounds like you either need to start saving or see if there is a family member or friend who is willing/able to front you the money.

tuffbrk

I called Legal Aid and I have called 4 different attorneys and all of them want a 3500 retainer. Even if they file for him to pay the attorney fees they want me to pay up front and then they will reimburse me once he pays and unfortunatly I dont have any money .
Ask Legal Aid if they know of any attorneys that willing to work at a reduced rate in your area.

justalayman

I apologize if anyone thinks I am trying to be less than honest on here. That is not the case, If I have other threads it may be very well possible because as I said I allowed my GF to use my account to post her questions.I never thought it would cause a problem or cause my integrity to be questioned. As far as any other post I dont remember alot of what I did 2 weeks ago let alone 3 yrs ago. I did not come here to deceive anyone nor did I mean to offend anyone as well. I was trying to get answers to questions I have at this unbearable situation. Thank You
the point was that you had no posts prior to this thread (going with the; your friend used your account claim). That means you registered an account solely to allow your friend to use your account. Why didn't your friend simply open their own account at that time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">