• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spouse income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myspirit57

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I am a unemployed husband (due to layoff). With seven year old son who I see to his needs when his mother is at work and most of the time when she is not.
The only income I have is 500.00 a month that my dad gives me to help me out
I give half of it to my wife and I have given her the whole amount before.
She will not let me have access to a checking account in her name. Most of the time I have no money or credit card, I worry about emergency's where I might need money, I feel like I am driving a car with no steering wheel I never know how much money is in her account or where the money is being spent.She has missed a few mortgage payments . My wife feels that since she earned the money its hers.
I am looking for work its not going good. For my sons well being I don't want to divorce. Do I have any right to income earned by her and if so what can I do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">