• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalker soon to be EX step dad.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annoyedbyhim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Arizona.

Hello, so I was just wandering how I can help my mom out. My step dad (soon to be ex, they are getting a divorce) has an illegal program on my mom's phone, and it shows him her texts messages, her phone calls, and it has a GPS on it to show where she goes. If you look it up on youtube you will find other things about it. The thing is, this is illegal if you don't have the phone users permission. She knows about it and definitely did not give him permission, but she knows there is no way that she can prove it to court that he has it. Just tonight, she was coming home on the i-10 and that's not near our house or city, then all of a sudden he comes speeding up and tries to get next to her car to see who is in the car with her. All while speeding down an interstate. He is just a horrible man. I think I am going to get a order of protection, as he texted me 24 times in the last two days. Things like, "Do you want to move back in?" and crap like that. Of course I don't want to. When I left with her he screamed at me calling me horrible names and raising his hand at me. I am 19 and I would really like to not have to worry about my mom anymore as I do not live with her. There is so much more to the story but I'll leave it at that. How can I prove he has this illegal program?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If she knows about the program on her phone and has done nothing to remove it she has given her approval.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">