• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suicidal Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quetcy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I live in a condo next door to a lady who seems very nice she is a court officer, and she is always arguing with her husband not loud or anything but when I am putting my baby daughter and her sister to sleep I overhear their arguments as walls are paper thin. Lately the arguments have been everyday apparently her husband wants to leave her but she threatens him with using her gun to shoot herself if he leaves. I have actually heard what sounds like scuffles I can only assume that he is taking the gun off her as he keeps begging her not to do it and then he seems to calm her down and everything is fine till the next episode. I am very fearful that if this persists a stray bullet may harm one of my children my fear is such I am currently having my baby sleep in my room but I cannot do the same with my 5 year old although lately she has been sleeping in the livingroom. The arguments although not loud I guess for other neighbors to hear have now been taking place at different times throughout the day What can I do my husband and I just got this place 4 months ago n I really am afraid for the safety of my children, the room is quite small and my husband is wheelchair bound so we cannot switch rooms. Please tell us what can we do? It is a 2 bedroom condo, please, please help me I do not know what to do. Thank you in advance.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The obvious answer is for you to call the police when you hear such a thing. Do you really need us to tell you that?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What does "law enforcement covering for each other" have to do with anything? If the people who are doing the arguing are involved in law enforcement, you didn't tell us that. And if they're not, whether LEO do or don't cover for each other is meaningless.

And if the people arguing know who reported them, so what?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">