• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suicide attempts from 36 yr old daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mawmawjody

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana...I have a 36 year old daughter that has attempted suicide on several occassions.She seems to do this for attention only since it is never fatal...however I can't take the chance that the next attemp will not be. What are my options on having her committed and is this going to help or hinder ?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana...I have a 36 year old daughter that has attempted suicide on several occassions.She seems to do this for attention only since it is never fatal...however I can't take the chance that the next attemp will not be. What are my options on having her committed and is this going to help or hinder ?
Has your daughter ever been diagnosed with depression or some other mental illness?
If she has and you know who her Dr is, you can try talking to her Dr. The Dr will not be able to discuss anything with you, but you can relay the situation to the Dr.

Please do not think that it is only for attention because she hasn't succeeded in killing herself. Alot of people with mental illnesses, such as clinical depression will attempt suicide and fortunately most do not succeed, it is actually a desperate cry for help, not attention.

If she has never been diagnosed, you can contact your local mental health center to get some ideas on how you can help your daughter. They will have knowledge of what needs to be done to get help for her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">