• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

surrender of parental rights by the father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michltad

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
My ex-husband has asked to voluntarily give up his rights to his children. I really cant afford an attorney, I was trying to get some info on how to file the papers myself

HomeGuru

michltad said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana
My ex-husband has asked to voluntarily give up his rights to his children. I really cant afford an attorney, I was trying to get some info on how to file the papers myself
**A: is he intending to not pay cs and is that the major reasoning for his request?

M

michltad

He says its because he doesnt want to hurt them anymore, he has no place to live no job he says he is leaving the state and they would be better off without him. To tell you the truth I really dont know what he is doing, but he did say if I get the paperwork together he would sign it.

lsut1ger

He can voluntarily give up his rights to see the children but a judge will post probably NOT let him totally sign over his rights (i.e. no responsibility, no child support) unless there is a step-parent waiting in the wings to adopt them.

M

michltad

I am not letting him get off so easily, I am taking him back for child support and if he doesnt see the kids for at least 2years I will get him for abandoment and he will still have to pay child support, I know he wont take the initiative to give up his rights to the children so I am not even gonna worry about him unless he start trouble then I will take him back to court. He really doesnt want to see them anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">