• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking Access To Money Away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lady859

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
My husband is a truck driver and told me he isn't comming home anymore and I am on my own. He is changing his direct deposit into a new account. He has already taken all the bank and credit cards with him. He said he had to buy supplies for his truck. I still have my bank card that is a joint account but he emptied it. I have no access to any money for the electric bill, groceries , gas, school supplies for our son nothing. Is there anything I can do? Is this legal? What do I do? Where do I go? I am a homemaker, by his choice, and I have no income. I am so lost I don't know where to start. This littlerally happened overnight.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

My husband is a truck driver and told me he isn't comming home anymore and I am on my own. He is changing his direct deposit into a new account. He has already taken all the bank and credit cards with him. He said he had to buy supplies for his truck. I still have my bank card that is a joint account but he emptied it. I have no access to any money for the electric bill, groceries , gas, school supplies for our son nothing. Is there anything I can do? Is this legal? What do I do? Where do I go? I am a homemaker, by his choice, and I have no income. I am so lost I don't know where to start. This littlerally happened overnight.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
you'll need to go to court, file for divorce, request the marital funds be returned to the accounts, temp spousal support for the term of seperation, child support...

you will also need to start looking for a job.

Just Blue

It's legal...But he will get REAMED by the judge for doing this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">