• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking Child Out of The Country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bella2313

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Texas. I just found out yesterday that my granddaughter might be going to Columbia. My son is in prison and will be getting out in September '09. I just found out yesterday that his ex-girlfriend (his baby's mom) is going to court next week and her lawyer will be asking for time served. I have not seen Bibi (ex-girlfriend) since December '07. Bibi's mom has had Chloe (grandchild) and ever since the middle of last year I was able to get Chloe every other weekend. Bibi's mom told me yesterday that Bibi wants to go to Columbia to see her dad and wants to take Chloe with her but that in order to get a passport for Chloe they needed something from Thomas to approve. Bibi's mom was going to talk to Bibi's lawyer to see what they can do to get Chloe a passport. We didn't know where Bibi was until yesterday, we were assuming that Bibi just gave up her rights to her mother, to be with her friends. Thomas was wanting to get custody of Chloe when he comes home. I'm sure Thomas does not want Chloe to go out of the country. What are his rights as her father?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Texas. I just found out yesterday that my granddaughter might be going to Columbia. My son is in prison and will be getting out in September '09. I just found out yesterday that his ex-girlfriend (his baby's mom) is going to court next week and her lawyer will be asking for time served. I have not seen Bibi (ex-girlfriend) since December '07. Bibi's mom has had Chloe (grandchild) and ever since the middle of last year I was able to get Chloe every other weekend. Bibi's mom told me yesterday that Bibi wants to go to Columbia to see her dad and wants to take Chloe with her but that in order to get a passport for Chloe they needed something from Thomas to approve. Bibi's mom was going to talk to Bibi's lawyer to see what they can do to get Chloe a passport. We didn't know where Bibi was until yesterday, we were assuming that Bibi just gave up her rights to her mother, to be with her friends. Thomas was wanting to get custody of Chloe when he comes home. I'm sure Thomas does not want Chloe to go out of the country. What are his rights as her father?

He has the right to not sign a permission slip for the PP. What is he in prison for, and why does he think his ex's attorney can ask for "time served".

bella2313

He is in carcerated for valilating his probation. He was going to a rehab and getting to come home on weekends. Believe it or not he loved the rehab home and was even thinking of taking classes to become a counselor. He noticed his girlfriend was selling drugs and one of those weekends they were arguring about the fact that he was staying clean and getting back on his feet for his family and his girlfriend was selling drugs. They were at her mother's house when this arguement occurred. He found out where she was hiding her drugs and took them to throw out but she wouldn't let him out of her room, he pushed her away from the door and ran out of her room with her money (drugs) she calls it. As he's running out of the house he yelled at her mother telling her these are the drugs your daughters selling out of her house. Bibi's bother (whom Bibi gives the drugs to sell) ran after my son and tried to get the box away Bibi's brother tried to hit Thomas, Thomas hit back and left. Thomas gave the drugs to my brother and told him to get rid of them. When Thomas went back to rehab the police were waiting there for him. Her brother pressed charges on him for hitting him. And that's why Thomas is in prison. Not long after that her brother served time in the city jail for selling on school property. And I'm assuming she is in jail for drugs. His ex's mother was the one that told me her daughters lawyer was going to ask for time served for her daughter. She's hoping her daughter gets it. They didn't know. I was too scared to ask about Bibi's whereabouts thinking it might ruin my visitation with my granddaughter. I knew that when Thomas comes home he was going to get a lawyer to get custody of Chloe.

bella2313

He has the right to not sign a permission slip for the PP. What is he in prison for, and why does he think his ex's attorney can ask for "time served".
He is in carcerated for valilating his probation. He was going to a rehab and getting to come home on weekends. Believe it or not he loved the rehab home and was even thinking of taking classes to become a counselor. He noticed his girlfriend was selling drugs and one of those weekends they were arguring about the fact that he was staying clean and getting back on his feet for his family and his girlfriend was selling drugs. They were at her mother's house when this arguement occurred. He found out where she was hiding her drugs and took them to throw out but she wouldn't let him out of her room, he pushed her away from the door and ran out of her room with her money (drugs) she calls it. As he's running out of the house he yelled at her mother telling her these are the drugs your daughters selling out of her house. Bibi's bother (whom Bibi gives the drugs to sell) ran after my son and tried to get the box away Bibi's brother tried to hit Thomas, Thomas hit back and left. Thomas gave the drugs to my brother and told him to get rid of them. When Thomas went back to rehab the police were waiting there for him. Her brother pressed charges on him for hitting him. And that's why Thomas is in prison. Not long after that her brother served time in the city jail for selling on school property. And I'm assuming she is in jail for drugs. His ex's mother was the one that told me her daughters lawyer was going to ask for time served for her daughter. She's hoping her daughter gets it. They didn't know. I was too scared to ask about Bibi's whereabouts thinking it might ruin my visitation with my granddaughter. I knew that when Thomas comes home he was going to get a lawyer to get custody of Chloe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">