• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Exemptions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suzywalker10

My ex husband in Michigan claims both our daughters on his taxes. That was part of our divorce agreement.They live full time with me now in Kentucky. Can I file a motion to modify this. If so, do I need a lawyer or can I do it myself? What court would I file that in? Thanks!

Gracie3787

My ex husband in Michigan claims both our daughters on his taxes. That was part of our divorce agreement.They live full time with me now in Kentucky. Can I file a motion to modify this. If so, do I need a lawyer or can I do it myself? What court would I file that in? Thanks!
You will need to file in the same court that issued your divorce. You do not need an attorney, your court clerk's office should be able to tell you where to find the forms.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/marriage-domestic-partnerships-other-family-law-matters-45/children-claimed-taxes-485455.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">