• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teen daughter is pregnant i pay support to mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TIKAPIXIE

What is the name of your state? ny--MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER RESIDES WITH HER MOM,SHE IS 17 AND NOW PREGNANT. I AM HER FATHER PAYING CHILD SUPPORT,AND MEDICAL COVERAGE ON HER. PLEASE HELP ME KNOW WHAT MY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS ARE AS FAR AS MONEY/MEDICAL OBLIGATIONS AT THIS TIME,AND WHEN THE OBLIGATIONS CAN CEASE.THANK YOU. ALSO SHE IS A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOLL.

Last edited:

Grace_Adler

SAY WHAT ?!?

I'm sorry, I don't know if I understand.

Are you saying that a 17 year old girl is pregnant and lives with her mother? And you're asking if the father has to pay child support at this time?

HomeGuru

TIKAPIXIE said:
What is the name of your state? ny--teenage daughter resides mothers.determined pregnant weeks past. what obligations being father paying child support obligated to at this point daughter is 17 and senior in high school residing with mom.

**A: what is this, some sort of telegram? Posting is free on this website. You are not charged by the word.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your obligation is to your daughter. IN NYS, CS continues until the age of 21, unless the "child" is emancipated - being pregnant/having a baby is not an emancipating event (working full-time, getting married, joining the military are). You likely need to continue paying support to her mother until a court tells you you can stop. The father of your daughter's baby will be responsible to pay support for the baby.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">