• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

telling lies at trial......HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jj'smom

During my Recent divorce trial my ex made several statements while under oath about both his employment and his income that I know to be completly false. His income and expense statements were also filled out to give his income at about half of what he actually makes. My ex is self employed so he hid much of his cash paying clients. I was able to get subpeona copies of his bank accounts but too late for court. These false statements affected both our property division and the exclusion of him paying any child support for our two children. He has given me a total of $400 in the past 15 months. How can I prove to the court that he commited perjury? If I can prove it what can be done about it? How do I go about changing the judgments made at trial if I can. My ex also lied about his work schedule and continues to take our children to work with him only to have them sit in his truck for 2 hrs in a parking lot expecting them to do their homework there. My kids are too afraid of him to confront him with this issue. Any help anyone could give would be EXTREMELY appreciated. (Frustrated in Orange County, California)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jj'smom said:
During my Recent divorce trial my ex made several statements while under oath about both his employment and his income that I know to be completly false. His income and expense statements were also filled out to give his income at about half of what he actually makes. My ex is self employed so he hid much of his cash paying clients. I was able to get subpeona copies of his bank accounts but too late for court. These false statements affected both our property division and the exclusion of him paying any child support for our two children. He has given me a total of $400 in the past 15 months. How can I prove to the court that he commited perjury? If I can prove it what can be done about it? How do I go about changing the judgments made at trial if I can. My ex also lied about his work schedule and continues to take our children to work with him only to have them sit in his truck for 2 hrs in a parking lot expecting them to do their homework there. My kids are too afraid of him to confront him with this issue. Any help anyone could give would be EXTREMELY appreciated. (Frustrated in Orange County, California)
My response:

File a new Petition, or an Order to Show Cause, regarding the property division based upon the newly discovered evidence. It's a long shot however. You see, these items should have been subpoenaed in time for the original trial of these issues. However, because of the potential for perjury on his part, you "may" just get the ear of the judge.

IAAL

H

himystie

During my divorce hearing my ex claimed abuse, robbery, assault on her and her family, stalking, adultry, and rape. She admitted that she never sought any help and can not prove any of it. Or even a witness of it.
I had proof she had 3 children during the marriage. 2 were not mine, the one that is mine, she admits she didn't know if he was or not. 15 proven and admitted lies on sworn documents and 10 proven lies on the stand. A police report when she and her boyfriend assault me and her defiance of 3 of our temporary orders. The Judge commended me on my honesty but awarded custody to her because he felt it would be to hard on my son to not live with her mother. I spent 6500 on this already or I would appeal this. What can you do when the Judge supports perjury?

H

himystie

Sorry I wasn't asking a question. I was just sharing my expierience so that the person would know they weren't alone. I am sorry if it was not appropriate. In the future I will keep it to myself.

J

jj'smom

perjury

thanks Himystie for your comments. Another question.... Is purjury delt with in the same family court or does it become a criminal matter to be delt with in another court? If it is delt with in another court do we need to find someone to persue it?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

That's why I said to file an Order to Show Cause. Your hearing on the O.S.C. will then be held in front of the same judge, as well it should. That way the judge, who is familiar with the case, can review the record and make a determination of whether or not perjury occurred. If it did, then the judge will refer the matter to the District Attorney's office for recommendations concerning a criminal indictment and prosecution.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">