• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temperary guardianship of elderly parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sooners ex 1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My question concerns my 71 year old mother who currently takes over 15 perscriptions inculuding 1 narcodic perscription taken 2 -3times per day with some alcohol abuse while driving

If i was to seek an emergency court orderd mental health evaluation of my mother could i also seek temperary coustody of her legal affairs if she is placed in a mental facility during a evaluation? and can my other family members who live out of town who do not deal with my mothers issues or witness them stop the evalutaion ?

Any information thay you can offer would be greatful

Thank You

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My question concerns my 71 year old mother who currently takes over 15 perscriptions inculuding 1 narcodic perscription taken 2 -3times per day with some alcohol abuse while driving

If i was to seek an emergency court orderd mental health evaluation of my mother could i also seek temperary coustody of her legal affairs if she is placed in a mental facility during a evaluation? and can my other family members who live out of town who do not deal with my mothers issues or witness them stop the evalutaion ?

Any information thay you can offer would be greatful

Thank You
Alcoholism does not show mental disability or the inability to care for oneself (according to legal definitions at least).

What exactly are you trying to do? Is Mom incapacitated? If she has prescriptions for those drugs what exactly is the problem?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">