• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Orenda

My daughter 2 1/2 yrs ago gave her child after she was 3 days old to a nonrelative.
She signed a temporary guardianship form. She had some problems back then and now has a stable environment. She thought she could trust this person to provide care for her child. This was supposed to be only a temporary guardianship . My daughter tried to locate this person about a year later this person moved and changed her phone number.
This person from the beginning was seeking a child. She told my daughter several times she would like to raise a child again. My daughter filed a petition in probate court since then this woman has contested and now the case goes to juvenile court. My daughter doesnt have the means for an attorney. My question is do you think the courts will treat her case as abandonment and what are her chances for the child being returned into her custody.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
For a year she had no contact with her child or the person raising her child?

My daughter tried to locate this person about a year later this person moved and changed her phone number.
Why wasn't your daughter in contact all that time? Yes it is very likely it could be treated as an abandonment case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">