• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary Legal Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prudens

Arkansas.

I am 20 years old and I have an 11 year old brother who will be staying with me for about a month. My parents need to travel out side of country to attend to some matters but will be back in a month.

I need to attend this conference which explicitly states that persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent.

So my question is, do I qualify to be his "parent" for the time being, and if so, how? And when I do become his "parent," will the conference accept my temporary "parentship"? If not, how do I enforce my new temporary status upon the conference?

The conference is to be held in another state.

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Arkansas.

I am 20 years old and I have an 11 year old brother who will be staying with me for about a month. My parents need to travel out side of country to attend to some matters but will be back in a month.

I need to attend this conference which explicitly states that persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent.

So my question is, do I qualify to be his "parent" for the time being, and if so, how? And when I do become his "parent," will the conference accept my temporary "parentship"? If not, how do I enforce my new temporary status upon the conference?

The conference is to be held in another state.

Thanks
Find a sitter...

prudens

No seriously, is this the best free legal advice you can give?:confused: My 16 year old sister could've said that.

Isis1

No seriously, is this the best free legal advice you can give?:confused: My 16 year old sister could've said that.
it's actually a very simple answer to a very simple problem.

you could have mom and dad sign over a POA. call the conference coordinator and see if that would suffice.

prudens

But the problem is,... they'll be gone for a month.

Where can we find babysitters for 1 month?

What if I am the babysitter? :p

prudens

If I had a POA or a notarized Temporary Guardianship form signed,

(1). Is it to the discretion of the conference people to accept it or not?

(2). Is it lawful for anyone to not accept a legal document such as POA/ notarized Temporary Guardianship form?

(3). How can I enforce the law if they don't accept it?

Isis1

If I had a POA or a notarized Temporary Guardianship form signed,

(1). Is it to the discretion of the conference people to accept it or not?
yes. they can tell you and sibling to get lost.

(2). Is it lawful for anyone to not accept a legal document such as POA/ notarized Temporary Guardianship form?
absolutely. sone schools will not accept an AOP. they may want a court signed guardianship form.

(
3). How can I enforce the law if they don't accept it?
you don't enforce laws. the police and legal system does.

why can't you get a babysitter for the time you need to be at the conference?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">