• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminating parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kiminichols

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in PA

My daughter is in foster care up in NYS where I was in an abusive relationship and lost her due to neglect issues. They never gave me a chance to prove myself as a mother. Now they want to terminate my rights but in the papers there are statements in which I had not recalled about. I never knew anything about them and now they are being held against me. If I miss my visitation, then they hold it against me. They want to terminate my rights and they say they have all the evidence they need. But I never did this to my daughter it was all the guy I was with at that time. Also, the foster parent she is with had placed my daughter into her car , shut the door, and walked back in doors to get her daughter but when I brought it up to CPS they say she is an experienced foster parent. What else can I do? I am trying to do everything possible. Please e-mail me: [email protected]

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in PA

My daughter is in foster care up in NYS where I was in an abusive relationship and lost her due to neglect issues. They never gave me a chance to prove myself as a mother. Now they want to terminate my rights but in the papers there are statements in which I had not recalled about. I never knew anything about them and now they are being held against me. If I miss my visitation, then they hold it against me. They want to terminate my rights and they say they have all the evidence they need. But I never did this to my daughter it was all the guy I was with at that time. Also, the foster parent she is with had placed my daughter into her car , shut the door, and walked back in doors to get her daughter but when I brought it up to CPS they say she is an experienced foster parent. What else can I do? I am trying to do everything possible. Please e-mail me: [email protected]
SJ is correct. You NEED an attorney.

You DID have the chance to prove yourself as a mother. YOU chose to stay in an abusive relationship, rather than prove you could put your child's needs first.
What did you do to stop the abuse?
How long did you stay in the abusive relationship?

Even though you now claim you didn't make certain statements, you will have a very hard time proving that you didn't make them.

Why did you miss any visitations?
How many visits did you miss?

How do you KNOW that the foster parent left your daughter in the car?
How long was she in the car by herself?
How old is your daughter?
Was the foster parent's car sitting in her own private driveway, or garage, or carport?
Or, was the car parked in the street?

Have you agreed to, or volunteered to take any type of parenting classes?

These are just a few of the many questions that you will need to answer, and it's not advisable to answer them without an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">