• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminating parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laurab817

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I have 5 sons from a previous relationship. They all have the same father. He has not been in my kids life for the past 6 and a half years. He was ordered to pay child support and has paid a total of not even $300.00 in 6 years.I have gotten 2 restraining orders and it is stated in the restraining order that he can't see the kids. My husband wants to adopt my younger 2 and my parents want to adopt the older 3 that have lived with them because it was very hard on me to be a single parent of 5. I think that he will sign knowing that he will no longer have to pay child support. Is there a cheaper way of doing this other than paying a lawyer?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I have 5 sons from a previous relationship. They all have the same father. He has not been in my kids life for the past 6 and a half years. He was ordered to pay child support and has paid a total of not even $300.00 in 6 years.I have gotten 2 restraining orders and it is stated in the restraining order that he can't see the kids. My husband wants to adopt my younger 2 and my parents want to adopt the older 3 that have lived with them because it was very hard on me to be a single parent of 5. I think that he will sign knowing that he will no longer have to pay child support. Is there a cheaper way of doing this other than paying a lawyer?
um...how sad...poor kids...and...NO:mad:

CourtClerk

If it was hard for you to raise 3 children, why did you continue to make more? How do you think a judge is going to see you and your husband when he tells the court, yeah, i'd like the 2 little ones, but the other 3... well, screw them because they are living somewhere else. Yeah, we'll be just fine splitting up a family EVEN MORE THAN WE HAVE because well, it's too hard for us to raise 5 children.

As someone has already said, poor kids. Please consider sterilization - for both of you.

Proserpina

You're either trolling for kicks, or so detached from reality it's almost painful.

If you are truly intent on this course of action you need an attorney.

And guess what?

If you can't afford one, you can't afford the kids either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">