• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
For the state of florida, will i be financially obligated(child support) for a child that i have relinquished my rights to

Just Blue

For the state of florida, will i be financially obligated(child support) for a child that i have relinquished my rights to
You could be...If depends on your situation. Are you in arrears? Is support owed to the state for monies/health insurance they may have paid for your child?

Is there a step-parent that is going to adopt this child??

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Because you said "a child" you must be talking about the child in North Carolina and not the twins in Florida, yes?

You have previously posted that support was court ordered back in March, for $200.00 a month. Also, the mother was on state aid. Is she still?

Gracie3787

Maybe. IF the child's mother has never collected aid, and if there are no arrears owed. If you do get a court order relinquishing rights and there isn't a step parent adoption, Fl law does allow a court to order CS after a TPR.

Because you said "a child" you must be talking about the child in North Carolina and not the twins in Florida, yes?

You have previously posted that support was court ordered back in March, for $200.00 a month. Also, the mother was on state aid. Is she still?
Sorry, this matter is unrelated to me personally. My brother has ex girlfriend, that wants him to terminate his rights.

Silverplum

Sorry, this matter is unrelated to me personally. My brother has ex girlfriend, that wants him to terminate his rights.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Then put the real person with the problem online. Tell him to start his own account.

We don't like dealing with 3rd parties, and especially not those who start out lying.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Then put the real person with the problem online. Tell him to start his own account.

We don't like dealing with 3rd parties, and especially not those who start out lying.
i just love how the forum seniors are always the scruges. It shouldnt be a problem with a third party, just go with what i give you and respond with what you see. My brother doesnt have internet access like the rest of us, so im doing him a favor.

Silverplum

i just love how the forum seniors are always the scruges.
That would be "Scrooges." And thank you. :rolleyes:

I, personally, "just love" how the forum newbies are frequently liars.
Not.
kjelie8706 said:
It shouldnt be a problem with a third party,
So thinks the person with no legal knowledge.
kjelie8706 said:
just go with what i give you and respond with what you see.
Is that an order? :p:p
Watch me not jump. :rolleyes:
kjelie8706 said:
My brother doesnt have internet access like the rest of us, so im doing him a favor.
Libraries have free internet.

Hooked on Fonnixx, we be. :rolleyes:
oh boy, you got me. I mispelled something. I bow to you o' senior member. please grace me with your legal knowledge. You are the all knowing and powerful.:rolleyes: YEA RIGHT.

I get it, you dont want to help, just say so. I'll just get answers as a "third party" somewhere else. I want to thank all those before "Silverplum", that provided me with your answers and suggestions

cyjeff

oh boy, you got me. I mispelled something. I bow to you o' senior member. please grace me with your legal knowledge. You are the all knowing and powerful.:rolleyes: YEA RIGHT.

I get it, you dont want to help, just say so. I'll just get answers as a "third party" somewhere else. I want to thank all those before "Silverplum", that provided me with your answers and suggestions
Glad we could help.

now feel free to piss off.

Let's do this. I want to apologize. Sincerely. Silverplum, you're right. my brother should be the one here not me. And Cyjeff, let me apologize to you too, since i apparently have offended you. I didnt come here to argue, neither did I seek to be bullied over the internet. It is what it is. I just wanted an answer to what i felt was a simple question. If any other information was needed to give the right answer, I was more than happy to give, because I know what's happening.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
The answer is, this isn't like not being able to afford your car and letting it get repossessed. Your brother created a human being and he and the woman he created him with are responsible for taking care of him. Your brother can get out of that obligation if someone else is willing to step up and be a man for this child, but until then it's his obligation.

He is not required to provide the love and nurturing the child needs, but he is required to financialy support him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">