• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there anything I can do legally?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msdee29

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Not sure if I'm posting in right place. My husband and I live in my father in laws mobile home. We pay the taxes and do all upkeep as was agreed upon before moving in. My father law comes to my house everyday and at least 4 of them he starts yelling at me and putting me down. If my husband and I even have a slight argument he calls the cops and children and youth services. I have asked police while they are here to make him leave but they won't they say it's his property. I even tell them he is harassing me which doesn't seem to matter. The man has had it in for me for over 20 years. My brother in law is friends with the police and is a township supervisor so they get away with anything it seems. My husband is afraid of his father so he won't do nothing about him. My brother in law lives next door and he also harasses me. Thank you in advance.

msdee29

That really wouldn't matter he did the same when we lived in a different town he still did it. Just not as often.

EvilEmpryss

That really wouldn't matter he did the same when we lived in a different town he still did it. Just not as often.
Yes, but then it would be your property, and the cops would remove him. You could also get a restraining order based on the past harassment. Live in a different town (better yet, a different state) and the family times to the local cops won't mean a thing.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
As your landlord he has to follow landlord/tenant laws. File a complaint for harrassment. If the police won't listen go to the DA. Your FIL does NOT have a right to be there harrassing you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">