• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

things you had before you marry and signing a car title to transfer ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostanmad

louisiana
i bought a car from a shop at the time the guy i was dating 2 years later we married i left less then two weeks later my birth cert an title were in his lock box i went to dmv a month later to get new plates so i could get it an found out it was in his name is there anything i can do as far as i know we are still married i have been dealing with medical problems . i went there once a few weeks after i left for some things and was told if i returned i would be trespassing by his landlord i asked his sister to ask for some memory cards for my children when there dad died an he told her he through it all away

Proserpina

louisiana
i bought a car from a shop at the time the guy i was dating 2 years later we married i left less then two weeks later my birth cert an title were in his lock box i went to dmv a month later to get new plates so i could get it an found out it was in his name is there anything i can do as far as i know we are still married i have been dealing with medical problems . i went there once a few weeks after i left for some things and was told if i returned i would be trespassing by his landlord i asked his sister to ask for some memory cards for my children when there dad died an he told her he through it all away

Okay so the car title is now in his name, right? And you have personal belongings that were left there?

When did all of this happen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">