• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tough one. Boyfriend and Girlfriend breakup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmet4nzkx

cmw said:
Need to clarify the living arrangement. I was promoted out of town 14 months ago. I have paid at least every other mortgage payment, utilities bill, cable TV, etc....if anything, more than a 50/50 share of bills on my end.

She was promoted 3 hours away and was gone from the home for 3 years. She came home weekends, and I raised her two children.

I was just explaining the "why" of the break-up...sorry.
You were typing this while I was responding.
So you were promoted and moved from the residence 14 months ago and was your intent was to do as she had and return to the house on the weekends thus you didn't remove your belongings or did you do something else? Since you had historically paid every other mortgage and utility payment, why would you cease because she sent you the coupons since you both owe the mortgage and are on the deed, you moved from the residence and left her with all the responsibilities and she is willing to buy you out, you two have to come to some sort of an arrangement until she buys you out.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
cmw said:
I guess I don't understand how I can be expected to pay a mortgage on a home where the locks were changed without notice, she moved my belongings (including expensive antiques and glass) to a storage trailer, and has retained all property that we purchased together (probably $60-70,000 worth of antiques, furniture, etc).
Because the mortgage holder doesn't care about any of that. The two of you signed a contract - you're both obligated to make sure it's met. No matter which of you is living there.

rmet4nzkx

stealth2 said:
Because the mortgage holder doesn't care about any of that. The two of you signed a contract - you're both obligated to make sure it's met. No matter which of you is living there.
Somehow I think there is more to this picture, especially when it comes to a timeline of events. Perhaps, "Oh I'll be home on weekends...." Next weekend comes and he doesn't show up and out goes the belongings and the locks are changed, or somehting along those lines or perhaps is staying at the new location with a "friend".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">