• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer of Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Linnie_211

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? : Alaska but moving soon
My husband and I want to transfer my daughter's guardianship to my parents so that she can go to a school in their state without first having to pay out of state tuition. How would we go about doing that and about how much would it cost?
My parents live in Alabama and we (my family and I) live in Alaska but am moving soon.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Let her live and work in Alabama for a year before she attends college (especially if she's 18). She can go to one of our fine community colleges during that time and get her basics (English, Math, History).

To do otherwise would be fraudulent.

This link will show you what will prove residency in the state of Alabama for college.
http://www.eocc.edu/adminoffices/admissions/residfrm.pdf

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? : Alaska but moving soon
My husband and I want to transfer my daughter's guardianship to my parents so that she can go to a school in their state without first having to pay out of state tuition. How would we go about doing that and about how much would it cost?
My parents live in Alabama and we (my family and I) live in Alaska but am moving soon.
Is this a court appointed guardianship?

Linnie_211

Let her live and work in Alabama for a year before she attends college (especially if she's 18). She can go to one of our fine community colleges during that time and get her basics (English, Math, History).

To do otherwise would be fraudulent.

This link will show you what will prove residency in the state of Alabama for college.
http://www.eocc.edu/adminoffices/admissions/residfrm.pdf
She's a minor and it is a boarding school she is trying to go to.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
She's a minor and it is a boarding school she is trying to go to.
Which boarding school? ASFA (Alabama Public school supported by TAXPAYERS)? The Science and Mathematics HS in Mobile (Alabama Public school supported by TAXPAYERS)? Indian Springs (which to the best of my knowledge has no residency requirements)? Marion Military Institute (which to the best of my knowledge has no residency requirements)? Lyman Ward (which to the best of my knowledge has no residency requirements)?

So, what is so special about your daughter that you want to steal from Alabama Taxpayers (like myself)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">