• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TRO Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kkotrous

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I have custody of 8 year old son. Ex-wife has liberal visitation, but exercises it less than 10% of the time. Out of the blue she has me served with a TRO, stating that I threatened her, etc. Never happened. I have only seen her three times in the past two years. Every so often she tries to disrupt my life with her games. I responded to the order, requested a hearing, showed up on the court date to appear and testify (with witnesses to disprove her claims). She didn't show up for the hearing, so the judge dismissed the order and awarded me $1500 in attorney's fees. This was three weeks ago. She hasn't shown up for any visitation since September 7 (last time I saw her). Yesterday, the sherriff showed up at my work (again) to have me served with papers (the same exact restraining order as last time-I have not seen, talked or corresponded with her since the alleged incident).

What can I do? At this point she is trying to embarrass me at work in front of customers (I am in sales) and each time I have to go to court it costs me $1500, which I really cannot afford since she pays no child support. Can she just keep doing this over and over again? Is there something I can file against her? My attorney is out of town this week, and I am frustrated with the situation.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">