• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trouble W/ Girlfriend who is on the house title. help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weitejer00

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

My Girlfriend and I recently purchased a home. She signed the Title As a Co-Signer and I am the primary Owner/signer. It seems though lately I find myself the only one around the house and the only one to pay the bills. I've tried numerous times to solve the problems we are having but it is hopeless. i will spare you the details on that. I have heard that i can buy her out, with a lawyer. I have also heard this is quiet expensive and not that easy. I do not know the first thing about it and i am looking for advice. I do not understand if i were to buy her out, does she have to pay rent for the time she was there? Is this a long process and expensive? What happens if we came to a mutual agreement? If there is anything you can add information wise that would be much obliged

Thank You,

Jeremy W.

seniorjudge

Jeremy, you have three alternatives:

1. She buys you out

2. You buy her out

3. File a partition lawsuit. The court will literally sell the place on the courthouse steps. You, or me, or her, or anybody may buy it. This will take three years (if quick) and $30K (if cheap).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">