• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

turning over the kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

briank

i live in the state where the children were born and the "ex" choose to leave and move to another state. i am and have been the primary finantical support since they were born. am i required to send them to the other state for visits? no court action has been taken on either of our parts. she also has no drivers licience. could this be a factor in my decision?

G

Grandma B

briank said:
i live in the state where the children were born and the "ex" choose to leave and move to another state. i am and have been the primary finantical support since they were born. am i required to send them to the other state for visits? no court action has been taken on either of our parts. she also has no drivers licience. could this be a factor in my decision?
First, what is the name of the state where your children were born and you still reside?

Second, how long has your wife been gone? Are you planning a legal separation or divorce? I'm sure money is tight, but you need to protect yourself and your children. It would be a good idea to get a consultation with a family law attorney (should get a free initial visit) to see what you need to do.

She will be entitled to visitations, but since she moved away, the travel expenses should be hers. You shouldn't have to transport them to visit her. She should also be paying child support.

B

briank

the name of the state is arizona. also i failed to mention that we were never married legally and paternity is not in question (i hope) i am on their birth certificates thank you so much for your prompt reply. their is a whole lot more to this story as you have probibly deduced. please let me know if this makes a difference. thank you for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">