• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Questions from Newbie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisewolfgirl

Hello Lawyers in the US!

I have two questions that have been on mind. I am interested in knowing that they either of them are legal in Florida.

Legal Question 1: I was talking to a friend yesterday about my boyfriend (Aaron). Aaron & I have been together for 2 years & we might elope whenever that day comes. My friend agrees with his idea, & I should do that, cause she knows I don't like stress, planning, & mostly spending too much. I told her I am gonna find out the internet if it's legal for a pet of any kind to be a witness of elopement. That's if someone desires that an animal companion be able to witness, but also want a few human beings be able to notice too. Anyway I have a hermit crab that I love a lot & consider like my son. I want to know if it's legally required that a witness even nonhuman needs to sign papers for proof of the event. My hermit crab (Brothaniel) may not know how to write, but will it be a certified legal signature if he walks across the name/date lines by spilling tiny droplets of stored water from in his shell?

Legal Question 2: This regards any state in America. I am asking this for the wealth fare of street children for their concerns of having false or no hope. There are millions of street orphans not in adoption centers at times, & many are very starving or have shredded clothes. Is it legal to adopt a street orphan that could have been rejected by their biological parents for behavior, sexual preferences, gender, or disability? Will it be less stressful then going to an adoption center by just waiting for ages, & trying to get a child matched by all the listed categories? Will it be less time consuming to get approval of the state for adoption of a rejected child for guardianship?

I know the first question is kind of repulsive or stupid, but I love the little dude a lot & his other 12 siblings.

Hope to hear answers whenever possible!

Take Care :)
- Shelby

Silverplum

Hello Lawyers in the US!

I have two questions that have been on mind. I am interested in knowing that they either of them are legal in Florida.

Legal Question 1: I was talking to a friend yesterday about my boyfriend (Aaron). Aaron & I have been together for 2 years & we might elope whenever that day comes. My friend agrees with his idea, & I should do that, cause she knows I don't like stress, planning, & mostly spending too much. I told her I am gonna find out the internet if it's legal for a pet of any kind to be a witness of elopement. That's if someone desires that an animal companion be able to witness, but also want a few human beings be able to notice too. Anyway I have a hermit crab that I love a lot & consider like my son. I want to know if it's legally required that a witness even nonhuman needs to sign papers for proof of the event. My hermit crab (Brothaniel) may not know how to write, but will it be a certified legal signature if he walks across the name/date lines by spilling tiny droplets of stored water from in his shell?

Legal Question 2: This regards any state in America. I am asking this for the wealth fare of street children for their concerns of having false or no hope. There are millions of street orphans not in adoption centers at times, & many are very starving or have shredded clothes. Is it legal to adopt a street orphan that could have been rejected by their biological parents for behavior, sexual preferences, gender, or disability? Will it be less stressful then going to an adoption center by just waiting for ages, & trying to get a child matched by all the listed categories? Will it be less time consuming to get approval of the state for adoption of a rejected child for guardianship?

I know the first question is kind of repulsive or stupid, but I love the little dude a lot & his other 12 siblings.

- Shelby
1. No. But he can be an honored guest.

2. A legal adoption or guardianship goes through the courts. (And I completely disagree with your "millions" guesstimate, if it applies to the US.)

Proserpina

Hello Lawyers in the US!

- Shelby
1. Sigh. No, your lunch-with-a-shell-attached cannot witness your nuptials. Though there are no laws against him providing nutrition beforehand or afterwards.

2. Adoption takes many forms and has many requirements. I suggest you start reading.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It seems to me that if you can get the pet to complete and sign the necessary forms, they can be a witness.

:rolleyes:

wisewolfgirl

1. Sigh. No, your lunch-with-a-shell-attached cannot witness your nuptials. Though there are no laws against him providing nutrition beforehand or afterwards.

2. Adoption takes many forms and has many requirements. I suggest you start reading.
Thank you but I don't he will taste good or be able to be a good full meal, cause he has a soft tail in the shell that is protected inside. Some people think it would look gross if they saw it he came fully from his shell. Big enough to sit in my hand, but not big meal for small group. Not a snail.

Eekamouse

Thank you but I don't he will taste good or be able to be a good full meal, cause he has a soft tail in the shell that is protected inside. Some people think it would look gross if they saw it he came fully from his shell. Big enough to sit in my hand, but not big meal for small group. Not a snail.
You can drag your pet to your wedding but you can't make him witness it. He'll likely be all sucked up into his shell, trying to protect himself from the strange humans around him.

wisewolfgirl

1. No. But he can be an honored guest.

2. A legal adoption or guardianship goes through the courts. (And I completely disagree with your "millions" guesstimate, if it applies to the US.)
Thank you. Honored guess works just fine too
No to many other outside countries, but not only USA, but only where there are like any possible busy city with crowds of people where poverty is mainly common

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you. Honored guess works just fine too
No to many other outside countries, but not only USA, but only where there are like any possible busy city with crowds of people where poverty is mainly common
You have no clue about American cities, do you? What country are you posting from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">