• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UNCOOPERATIVE EX-WIFE,VISITATION

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ox14701

Recently I wrote a letter to my ex-wife stating that i wanted better contact with our children.she completely
ignored the letter.

I am 39 yrs old.My children are 4-5yrs old.And I have since
remarried.

In the past I have been mentally ill.diagnosed with magor depression.I have since made a full recovery,and pose no danger of relapse.

My ex-wife has become verbally combative when ever I call
to talk with my children.Needless to say I've affraid to call because I don't want to fight with her.I can't have a civil conversation with her.

I love my children very much and i want to be a part of their lives.And I want an end to the hostillity between my ex-wife and I.because in the long run it only hurts the children.

is ther any advice that anyone can give me!!

terrance m. ryan

G

Grandma B

Terrance,

Does your divorce decree state specifics re visitation and telephone contact? If it does, and your ex is not allowing the contact, in violation of the Court's order, you can file a Motion to Show Cause and probably have her found in contempt. If you want to be nice, you could send her another letter (copy to Court Clerk) advising her of your intention to act.

If your decree doesn't have specifics, it's time to do something about that. You are correct that problems between the two of you is hardest on your children. They need to have relationships with both parents.

Congratulations on your triumph over depression. Your wish to end the hostility between you and your ex is commendable and I wish you the best of luck.

O

ox14701

Uncoopretive Ex-wife

Thank-You Grandma B for your response to my inquiry.
i have since sent my ex-wife another letter stating my intent and she still ignored it.I am now pursuing other avenues such as a mediator.The mediator told me that she will try to hold my illness against me,and he told me that that its going to get very ugly from here on out.and if I want to fight ,I'm going to have to be strong!!
thank-you again and have a nice day!!

ox14701

G

Grandma B

Just remember this . . .

You are not fighting WITH your ex; you are fighting FOR your children.

I truly feel someone who has battled a mental illness and won is ahead of those who have never had problems. However, the mediator is correct, and you will need to be strong. And you will be--just keep reminding yourself it's for the kids! Good luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">