• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underaged Pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aubrie

I am a 19 year old male and I don't know if I'm asking the right person but...I have a girlfriend that is pregnant and I want to know a couple of things. She is 15 years old and not more than a month along, she'll be 16 in 2 months, we haven't talked to either her nor my parents about this yet. I have a stable job and am willing to have the baby live with me. She agrees to this to, but if her mother didn't want the kid to live with me (her being 16 not 18) can her mother have the rights to decide that or can my girl friend and I have the rights? And another thing, my girlfriend and I willing had sex together, all I hear is people saying stagitory rape I didn't rape her, I wanted to know if I could get put behind bars for a long time for not even harming her, I've gone out with her forever and plan on marrying her. I have my own apartment and good job and insurance and want to raise this child. I just don't want her parents or anybody else take those rights away from us. I mean I know her parents have rights over her until she's 18 but the baby is ours.

T

tulipdoll7

It really depends in what state you live in. But Im sorry to tell you but even if you had constended sex with her some states still consider it rape. Try consulating a lawyer in your state before you tell her parents so that you will be prepared for the consiquesnces. And make sure she goes to the dr and get her prenatal pills. You will probaly be liable for the medical bills as well. The same thing happend to me 4 yrs ago in Fl. I was 17 and he was 19. My family was disappointed in me that I didnt take percautions but where and still are very supportive. Try to get on their good side. Things always work out better that way. Good Luck. This is not legal advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">