• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfit mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cisco1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? The state the matter is in is Florida. What constitutes being an unfit mother. The children are 8 mths old and almost a 2 year old. She is very mentally unstable. She abuses the father of these children. They are not taken to the doctor like they should be. They are exposed and are left with anyone. She has no license. Moves constantly.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? The state the matter is in is Florida. What constitutes being an unfit mother. The children are 8 mths old and almost a 2 year old.
1) Who are you in this situation?

2) What is the situation?

mommyof4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
She is very mentally unstable.
Medically diagnosed and treated?
She abuses the father of these children.
What does Dad do about this? Are the children abused?
They are not taken to the doctor like they should be.
Please cite any legal code or statute that specifies when and how often the children must be 'taken to the doctor'
They are exposed and are left with anyone
. Huh?
She has no license.
Many people don't have a license. Big whoop
Moves constantly
.You're talking to someone who is 35 years old and has moved over 40 times. I attended 8 schools in 12 years, not to mention my military service and attendance of 2 universities.

Now, again...who are YOU in this situation?

cisco1

I am the grandmother of these children. I am very worried with her violent nature and the stress she is under right now, she is currently being evicted from her residence. These moves were not done voluntarily she has stayed with whoever until they get fed up with her or evicted. The oldest child is not fed probably, I have been there seen violence first hand. Moving has nothing to do with it, I am a ex military wife who had to move constantly but my children were always safe and secure. She has no license due to some outstanding warrants she has in another state.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am the grandmother of these children. I am very worried with her violent nature and the stress she is under right now, she is currently being evicted from her residence. These moves were not done voluntarily she has stayed with whoever until they get fed up with her or evicted. The oldest child is not fed probably, I have been there seen violence first hand. Moving has nothing to do with it, I am a ex military wife who had to move constantly but my children were always safe and secure. She has no license due to some outstanding warrants she has in another state.
What did Child Protective Services (or their equivalent) have to say?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? The state the matter is in is Florida. What constitutes being an unfit mother. The children are 8 mths old and almost a 2 year old. She is very mentally unstable. She abuses the father of these children. They are not taken to the doctor like they should be. They are exposed and are left with anyone. She has no license. Moves constantly.
You can find the stautes regarding child neglect and abuse in Chapter 39 at Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">