• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unique situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

borderlinefowl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana

hello my name is kevin rogers and for the last 6 years i have fathered a girl by the name of allyssa rogers from the pregnancy to cutting the cord to the last birthday i am this little girls father but in me and my wifes past we both in the begining were with multible partners so when my wife got pregnant there was a possibility of another guy being the father after she was born my wife went and asked the guy if he thought she was his he said no now 6 years later he is stirring the water and asking for dna testing i told my wofe to tell him to go get a courtorder to get one that is the only way for him to get it from us my wife wants to give it to him outta court i say no way she is under the usumption he only wants to know the truth and that is also what she wants i dont think it matters either way she is my child i changed my life from the minute she was born to being a dad worthy of their love now we have a 4 year old son together as well and i also fatehr her oldest daughter fro the last 7 years being the only man in their lifes my question is , is there anything i can do to prevent a dna test from being done on the account of him denying her in the begining and is there a statue of limitation since she only knows me and nothing else she is in a good home and enviroment and she is my daughter and if my wife persists on knowing herself i could loose all my rights and my little girl and her name could be changed given this story is there any advice you can give me or legal steps thanx agian for your prompt help ,God bless ,kevin

Proserpina

First, you need to take out real names from your post, k?

Could you please clarify something for me?

Who is on the birth certificate/AOP?

Were you married to Mom at the time of the birth?

ETA: questions might be moot - the window to challenge paternity is 2 years after the birth of the child, unless fraud is an issue.

IC 31-14-5-3
Time for filing action
Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to an action filed by the department or its agents under section 4 of this chapter (or IC 31-6-6.1-6(c) before its repeal).
(b) The mother, a man alleging to be the child's father, or the department or its agents must file a paternity action not later than two (2) years after the child is born, unless:
(1) both the mother and the alleged father waive the limitation on actions and file jointly;
(2) support has been furnished by the alleged father or by a person acting on his behalf, either voluntarily or under an agreement with:
(A) the mother;
(B) a person acting on the mother's behalf; or
(C) a person acting on the child's behalf;
(3) the mother, the department, or the county office of family and children files a petition after the alleged father has acknowledged in writing that he is the child's biological father;
(4) the alleged father files a petition after the mother has acknowledged in writing that he is the child's biological father;
(5) the petitioner was incompetent at the time the child was born; or
(6) a responding party cannot be served with summons during the two (2) year period.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">