• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update!!help ! He Has Re-financed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

miatadee

Missouri. This all is from another thread. Please read back. I have major problems! Todays Update. I received a letter today from "Our" (mine and ex-hubby) insurance carrier on property. I was still on home owners since I was on mortgage and deed. (This was set up this way at divorce, so I would eventually get my half) I wrote exact quote from divorce papers in previous threads) It seems my interest has been cancelled, it says, because loan has been satisfied. This being said, it means my ex-husband has re-financed our joint property. The only way he could do this without me being at closing, was to forge a quit claim, and have a friend nototorize it. Then go about the re-fi after it was filed in the court house. So first thing Monday I am calling recorder. What I need to know is,,WHere do I start if he has in fact forged my name and removed me from deed? How do I get him prosecuted? How do I over turn this new mortgage?

Last edited:

H

hexeliebe

WHere do I start if he has in fact forged my name and removed me from deed? How do I get him prosecuted?
you take copies of the mortgage agreement, deed and any affidavits to the county prosecutor and file fraud charges.

Plain and simple.

M

miatadee

I was just about to edit this, before I found reply. The county prosecutor is/was our divorce attorney. We used same one...Now what? This is a small county in which my ex,,was Police Chief at one time. Get my drift? I need it somewhere else..How do I change venue?

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

you don't. you ask the judge to recuse the district attorney for just the reason you stated. A new attorney will be appointed. Or you can take the documents to the mortgage company and let them sue for fraud or hire your own attorney and sue the mortgage company.

You need to speak with an attorney in your area who knows the political layout better than we can here.

M

miatadee

Would there been any court action he could have taken without notifying me that he could have removed my name from deed, since I wouldn't quit claim?

H

hexeliebe

no, the court would have been obligated to notify you since your name was on the deed.

nextwife

When you say you "refused to sign QC", refused WHOM? A request by ex, or was there something in the divorce decree awarding him title?

M

miatadee

I refused him, at his request. I had already been advised by attorney not to sign, unless ex would be willing to pay me my half of equity.

3kidsmom

In my divorce decree...

the decree itself had wording that should I NOT sign a Quit Claim (I did) that the decree itself would serve as the QC.

nextwife

Yes, I have seen the decree act as a change of ownership. I work for a title company, and we must always review both the divorce file and the register of deeds records.

BTW- the deed and mortgage may still be in the "recording gap" and not yet posted to the public record. Our county has a 6 week "gap" between document acceptance and posting.

Whomever Notarized or Authenticated a fraudulant deed may also have failed to exercise due diligence if they failed to obtain a picture ID from the signatory. THe title insurer who issued the mortgage policy for the new lender will also likely go after any party who commited fraud in obtaining a mortgage they insured. They have likely insured the new mortgage in first position and will not be happy campers to find your interest was not properly and legally conveyed out. Which impacts the validity and enforcabilty of the new mortgage. IF that turns out to be what happened. One can often determine the closer's name from the documents, and the closer could tell you which title provider insured the mortgage.

First, check the divorce file to be certain that some court decree did not enable this transaction somehow.

M

miatadee

An exerpt from final divorce papers from July 2000. " The parties have agreed that the real proprty shall become property of husband, subject to indebtedness theron, with the following exception. Should the property be sold by husband, then wife shall be entitled to one-half of equity after payment of mortgage and expenses. Otherwise, husband shall have in place estate planning which will cause "(my sons' name)" to become owner of property upon his death. Should husband default on the mortgage(s) on said real estate, wife shall have right to cure default, and the real proerty be conveyed to her by husband."
About 3 months ago, he asked me sign a quit claim, so he could re-fi. I knew that if I did, that I would lose my interest, and also, I knew he had just put a pool in,,and probably wanted to pay that off. Which means if I let him re-fi, my half of equity would go down, and debt against property go up. Well, thru my children, I found out he was attempting to re-fi anyway, and I called mortgage lender and put a stop to it. He had filled out mortgage app. in his name only. They didn't like it when they heard there was another party he had not told them about. I also called the local title co. and told them that I would NOT sign a Quit claim unless, he was prepared to pay me off, and if they got set up to do it for him whithout me, it would be fraud on his part. Right before we divorced he asked me to sign a second mortgage, in which I did, or he said he would have to file BK. We used same attorney for divorce, and I told the atty. at time my husband couldn't or wouldn't re-fi and cash me out, so I wanted it worded to where he couldn't do anything with property. Six months after divorce he filed BK anyway. Guess what it did to me? This is his way for destroying me after 20 years of marriage.
I have talked to a real estate atty. about 3 months ago, who told me I was in drivers seat, that he couldn't do anything until I signed period. I mailed ex a letter 3 weeks ago,,telling him I would gladly quit claim it to him, if he would just give me half of equity on appraised value, less what is due. I heard nothing..Now I have a letter from American family saying loan has been satisfied. This property appraised at 160k 5 years ago. It only had about 92 against it . The only way he could have did this was sign my name to a quit claim, have someone he knows notorize it, wait a few weeks, then re-apply somewhere else..How about who notorized it> what kind of penalties are they looking at? I can't wait until Monday until I can start making phone calls,,This is making me crazy!

Last edited:

3kidsmom

The parties have agreed that the real proprty shall become property of husband, subject to indebtedness theron, with the following exception. Should the property be sold by husband, then wife shall be entitled to one-half of equity after payment of mortgage and expenses. Otherwise, husband shall have in place estate planning which will cause "(my sons' name)" to become owner of property upon his death. Should husband default on the mortgage(s) on said real estate, wife shall have right to cure default, and the real proerty be conveyed to her by husband."
That means it is your husband's house, he DID NOT sell it, He refinanced it. IF, he were to SELL the house you would be entitled to 1/2 of the equity.

M

miatadee

Ok,,So how did he re-finance without my signature, when I am on deed? He can't just re-finance..The deed still shows co-ownership.
Furthermore, I was never ordered by court to relinguish (by way of quit claim to husband) my ownership in the properrty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">